I’ve had some pretty serious blogs about the journey to this point. This time I’d like to have some fun! Often the quiet peace of nature is what I seek. Other times conversation with others can fill the lonely hours in a vast wilderness. And yes there will be plenty of time to mix in some music to restore lost energy in the middle of a steep climb, encouragement when spirits sag, and to accent an inspiring overlook. Going back to my days playing sports I used music to pump me up, get moving, get in a rhythm. On days I feel good and miles are my goal, I think music can do just that.
Give me 4 or 5 songs you think might help on my hike. I’m a product of the 60’s and 70’s but I’m quite eclectic in my selections. Not sure why some songs stick with me more than others.
- A few Beatles naturally.
- Definitely U2
- The best of Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Bob Dylan for sure.
- Moody Blues/ Days of Future Passed and several more.
- Neil Young and CSNY especially Down by the River
- Maybe some Pink Floyd
- Canned Heat Going Up the Country and a couple others
- Mercy, Mercy Me, What’s Goin On/ Marvin Gaye
- Ravi Shankar from A Concert for Bangledesh, if you haven’t heard this it’s awesome!
- Tina Turner/ Proud Mary
- Santana/ Soul Sacrifice
- The Cranberries/Zombie
- Creed/ With Arms Wide Open
- Behind Blue Eyes/Limp Bizkit
- Coldplay/Fix You
- Hoobastank/The Reason
- AC/DC/Thunderstruck (probably during my first twenty mile day)
- Norman Greenbaum/Spirit in the Sky
- The Proclaimers/ I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)
- 3 Doors Down/Here Without You
- The Original Caste/ One Tin Soldier
- The Tokens/ The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Last but not least Hillsong United/Wonder
That’s a few. I have more, let me know your suggestions!